As an industry leader in product development and product enhancement, Pecora is committed to offering a full range of adhesive, sealant and weatherproofing solutions. Our focus is directed toward the continuous innovation of value added products, superior quality and exceptional service.
Founded in 1862, Pecora Corporation® is an American manufacturer of architectural weatherproofing products offering a full line of silicone, urethane and latex sealants as well as concrete repair products. Pecora products are specifically formulated to provide superior quality and a wide range of sealant properties for the commercial construction and OEM (original equipment manufacturing) markets. Pecora products are available through authorized weatherproofing distributors throughout the United States.
For 150 years, Pecora has evolved and grown from a local Philadelphia paint company to an industry leader of weatherproofing solution manufacturers, staying on the cutting edge of construction technology with innovative, high quality products and excellent technical and customer service. Throughout Pecora’s history, the focus has been on developing and manufacturing trusted solutions to customer’s needs.
- 1862 Pecora founded as the Pecora White Lead, Zinc and Color Company. Located on North 4th Street, Philadelphia. Three owners/employees.
- 1891 Pecora moves to a larger facility to meet increasing demand in North Philadelphia
- 1911 Pecora is incorporated as Pecora Paint Company
- 1954 Expansion of the North Philadelphia facility adding square footage for manufacturing, raw material and finished good storage, and shipping.
- 1950’s Precast concrete, curtain wall and other new building systems become more prominent. Sealants and adhesives play an increasingly more important role in the construction industry.
- 1957 Pecora’s drops “Paint” from it’s name to become Pecora, Inc.
- 1958 New manufacturing plant built in Garland, Texas
- 1966 Pecora changes it’s corporate name to Pecora Chemical Corporation to reflect the expansion of Pecora’s research facilities and the development of chemically formulated Pecora products.
- 1974 Pecora moves it’s Philadelphia manufacturing facility to Harleysville, PA
- 1980-1984 Pecora introduces Silicone sealants to it’s product line
- 1993 Pecora introduces a line of silicone sealants for the Window and Door Fenestration market
- 2004 Pecora consolidates manufacturing and closes its Garland, TX plant
- 2005 Pecora introduces the industry’s first field tintable silicone sealant, 890FTS
- 2007-2009 Pecora develops new OEM solutions with Thermal Barrier Silicones and silicone narrow joint sealer
- 2008 Pecora adds a new finished good warehouse in nearby Hatfield, PA. Pecora’s Customer Service Dept. gets a new home in the Hatfield facility
- 2009 Pecora builds a new state of the art laboratory for Technical Services
- 2009 Expansion of the field tintable silicone line to include 890FTS-TXTR
- 2010 Pecora introduces the unprecedented flexibility of 890FTS-TXTR, the construction industry's first textured field tintable silicone
- 2012 Pecora introduces 898NST, the industry's first non-staining, sanitary silicone made in the USA
- 2012 Pecora introduces 896FC, the fenestration industry's only fast curing and fluid free, one-part silicone sealant
- 2012 Pecora announces companion warranty program with Sto Corporation
- 2012 Pecora announces acquisition of deck coating line from Carlisle Coatings and Waterproofing
- 2013 Pecora introduces AVB Silicone, a primerless silicone sealant for air-vapor barrier surface transitions
- 2014 Pecora introduces XL Perm, complete air, vapor and water barrier protection for building envelopes
- 2015 Pecora presents Pecora-Deck 800FC, a fast curing, low VOC, low odor and field tintable deck coating