September 15, 2010
Pecora is continually searching to provide high performance solutions to the fenestration industry that increase factory throughput and provide strong, long lasting bonds to a variety of substrates. The 100% silicone formula of 1215 Seam Sealer provides an innovative alternative to the traditional acrylic narrow joint seam sealer.
Pecora 1215 Seam Sealer is a VOC compliant, silicone sealant designed for mechanically fixed narrow corner, rivet and butt joint seams as well as screw heads in vinyl and aluminum window fenestration. The moisture cure silicone formula reduces noxious odors on the production line, increases productivity and meets the requirements of AAMA 803.3, Type II.
In the fabrication of windows and doors, it is not always an easy process to switch a production line to a new sealant. Pecora 1215 Seam Sealer provides significant benefits compared to the traditional acrylic seam sealer providing incentive for manufacturers to test and adopt a silicone narrow joint seam sealer, a unique product to the industry.
- Moisture Cure vs. Solvent Release Cure – The moisture cure of silicone reduces shrinkage, improves worker safety, and sharply reduces odor.
- Faster Cure Rate Than Acrylic Sealants – With a faster skin time and rapid through cure speed of just 180 minutes, manufacturers can increase productivity with a shorter holding period.
- More Viscous than Acrylic Sealant – With a more viscous, less runny product, it is easier for manufacturers to apply and needs less clean-up.
- Safety – Pecora 1215 Seam Sealer has a flashpoint of 220°F compared to 31°F of acrylic seam sealer.
- AAMA Compliance 803.3, Type II
“The adhesion of 1215 Seam Sealer is unbelievable” says Jeff Branchick, Pecora’s Midwest OEM sales representative. “No wiping, cleaning or prepping is necessary before applying. What a time saver!”
After testing Pecora 1215 Seam Sealer, customers found that not only did it address all of their concerns associated with the acrylic seam sealer but it also improved:
- Adhesion – The Thermal Barrier Silicone (TBS) formulation provides unprecedented adhesion to a variety of substrates including structural thermal barriers such Insulbar®.
- Quality Control – 1215 Seam Sealer provides UV black light visibility in Translucent and Tru-white colors. With the use of a black light, gaps in the sealant can be easily detected by QC to ensure the joint is entirely sealed.
- VOC – 1215 Seam Sealer has a VOC of <250 compared to <420 for the acrylic narrow joint seam sealer.
“We’re very happy with the product”, states Mr. Coby Jones, Engineering Manager of Peerless Products in Fort Scott, KS. “The application is more precise and flows better than any other product available today. Since it’s less messy and doesn’t run all over the product after being applied, it’s easy to clean up and the UV light technology allows us to do a superior quality control check before shipping the finished product. “
Pecora 1215 Seam Sealer is available now from authorized distributors throughout the United States and is a professional system that must be used in conformity with manufacturer’s instructions. For more information, please visit www.pecora.com.
(Insulbar® is a registered trademark of Ensinger. )
Pecora Corporation is a leading manufacturer of elastomeric sealants serving the construction industry. The company was founded in 1862 in Philadelphia as a paint and varnish company focused on delivering trusted solutions to customers’ needs. Today, the company manufactures a wide variety of architectural waterproofing products and sealants in a variety of chemistries including silicones, urethanes, and latex acrylics.
To receive a sample of 1215 Seam Sealer.
Contact a Pecora sales representative.
Contact: Wendy Freed, Marketing Manager
165 Wambold Road
Harleysville, PA 19438